THE BIG CHRISTMAS PUSH
We are very pleased to announce the launch of our exercise referrals programme – Fitness to Feel Better, starting January 2019.
Although we are confident of securing longer term funding, we want to launch the programme with the support of the local community, both individuals and businesses in order to raise awareness and highlight mental health issues and mental health support.
This is a 4 week programme of exercise and guided relaxation for those with specific mental health conditions that will also develop knowledge and build self-efficacy and ability in participants, empowering them and providing powerful tools for self-management and healthy habits in the longer term. Each place will be fully-funded.
The BIG CHRISTMAS PUSH is raising funds to launch the first of our fully-funded 4-Week Referrals Programme of exercise and guided relaxation for Mental Health – ‘Fitness to Feel Better!’
This is a fully-funded group for those suffering from mild to moderate anxiety, depression, low mood and stress, launching in January 2019.
ALL FUNDS RAISED THROUGH SPONSORSHIP SUPPORT WILL BE MATCHED BY SCOTLAND ALL-STRONG AND WILL DIRECTLY FUND PLACES FOR THIS PROGRAMME.
AIMS of Fitness to Feel Better:
- Provide and promote physical activity, guided relaxation and peer support and interaction in a fully private small-group setting (max 8 per class)
- Build knowledge, ability, self-esteem and confidence in participants
- Develop tools for self-management of these conditions, and foster a strong internal locus of control, building healthy habits and lifestyles
- Highlight awareness of mental health issues and methods of self-management to the wider community
- Build a community of peer support and provide social opportunities in a comfortable setting
The BIG CHRISTMAS PUSH:
- On Saturday 22nd December, Andy will find out how many push-ups he can do in a 3-hour period (rest, food, drink, allowed, although he will certainly be pushing!)
- Sponsor Andy (or another challenge participant) for how many push-ups they can do within a certain time
- All funds raised will go directly to providing places for referred individuals for a 4-Week Programme
- All funds raised will be matched by Scotland All-Strong, so how ever many places are provided by funds will be double
- £32 provides one place on the Fitness to Feel Better 4-Week Referrals Programme
HOW TO TAKE PART:
Taking part in any way, whether as a sponsor or push-up participant will help in funding places for a programme that will help people to make changes that will be of benefit to themselves and the wider community.
- Sponsor Andy (or another push-up participant)
- Take part in the push-up challenge (you can choose the time period, for example, push-ups in 15 minutes, from knees or full – as long as it is a challenge) and collect some sponsorships
- Participants have until Friday 4th January to complete challenge and collect sponsorship funds (you can collect a sponsorship form from Scotland All-Strong, Drummond House, Scott St. at an arranged time/day
- If you are doing your own challenge you can do it at Scotland All-Strong’s studio, Scott St. with Andy on Saturday 22nd December
- Share a relevant post, tag friends and spread the word
- Support Andy on 22nd December or another participant
- Business sponsors can contact us through Facebook or email
HOW TO SPONSOR:
- Go to our Booking Website at simplybook.it and select ‘Block Payments’ from ‘More’ on the homepage. Click on the amount you would like to sponsor (£2, £4, £8, £32) and pay securely through Stripe
- Pledge your support on Facebook through messenger or in the comment section of a relevant post, then give your donation in person at Scotland All-Strong, either on the day or at another collection time
- Sponsor another push-up participant
- Contact us through Facebook or email for any other information
You can sponsor/donate through our booking site here:
(go to ‘More,’ then ‘Block Payments’ on the homepage)
Scotland All Strong
FITNESS TO FEEL BETTER, FITNESS FOR ALL
(All Strong Scotland C.I.C. trading as Scotland All-Strong)