STRESS SMASHERS – A Balanced Class for Energy, Release, Calm and Feeling Great!
It’s a common misconception that exercise exhausts, when in fact it will invigorate and lead to relaxation and ultimately greater energy levels!
Stress Smashers is an hour-long class that starts with a gentle warm-up to get the limbs moving and increases mobility. We then enjoy around 30 minutes of exercise to invigorate, in which participants choose their own pace, rest time and resistance levels. This is followed by tension-releasing full-body stretching, with deep breathing. We then lie back for guided relaxation with deep breathing, with free teas/coffee/water available in our social area after.
We use a range of fun, functional equipment with exercises that are efficient and effective. The class is suitable for all levels and abilities. If you are new to exercise, coming back to it after a break, or simply don’t like traditional gyms, then our comfortable and friendly small-group studio is the perfect place to become active, get fitter, healthier and feel better.
SOME BENEFITS OF STRESS SMASHERS:
- release endorphins, the ‘feel-good’ chemical that provides a natural mood boost
- reduce stress hormones, cortisol and adrenaline
- outlet for frustration, tension
- provides a change of focus, and without even trying you’ll have taken your mind off problems, issues and frustrations
- increase feelings of empowerment, strengthens internal locus of control, self-esteem and confidence
- relax your breath, relax your body, relax your mind
- guided relaxation, stretching and deep breathing can be practised at home and used throughout the day or during times of stress
- reduce mild to moderate anxiety and depression
- look better, tone-up, lose fat (superficial and not essential, but relevant to many people in building a positive self-image)
The first step is the most difficult, but begins a beautiful journey. Although it may not seem like it, exercise, deep breathing and mindfulness are things that you will at first get used to, then like, and finally love as part of your routine and lifestyle.
FITNESS TO FEEL BETTER, WITH SCOTLAND ALL-STRONG
(All Strong Scotland C.I.C)